The last couple of months has been a whirlwind of activity that sometimes I hardly have time to stop and feel. But when I came across this idea on Airing My Laundry, I knew right away it’s what I needed. Sort of like a mental detox. Instead of focusing on all the negative stuff, there’s plenty to be okay about.
Like, hey, it’s okay…
- … that I
willmay never lose all the pregnancy weight (#curvesinalltherightplaces … ehem).
- … to not be up to date on fashion and makeup. Glam = applying mascara and a berry-toned lippie.
- … that our family may not be able to move into our own home by Christmas. Family and friends are generously sheltering us until then.
- … to miss my former life in Japan like hell. Reminder to self: new adventures await.
- … to be a stay-at-home-mom. I’m spared the worry of how my kids are faring under someone else’s care and the time to dust off my resume will come soon enough.
- … that I hate moths. The only thing more frightening than moths are moths stuck in my hair, beating their wings aggressively. Ugh!
- … to feel like a teenager again every time a Backstreet Boys song comes on the radio. I want it that wayyyy….
- … that I’m not on the cloth diapering, organic only, no epidural, etc, etc camps. I’m content to cruise on the moderate lane.
- … that I love my kids more than life itself, but sometimes…I just don’t like them. Please tell me it’s completely normal… help me out here…
- … to forget my age. When someone asks me how old I am, I literally have to do this in my head: 2016 – 1983 = 33.
What are some of the things you’re okay about?